Fila Church Helsinki – COVID – 19 Information
Our Church community is committed to living in faith and firmly trusting in God even in times of crisis. We are taking the necessary precautions with the current state of COVID-19. The Finnish government made a decision yesterday 12.3, due to the Coronavirus epidemic, that all events amounting to 500 people ought to be cancelled and also that smaller events should be cautiously thought-through.
We consider this as a time when we must live united in our responsibility toward each other, and jointly do our best to limit the risk of infection. Our thoughts and prayers are with those that have contracted the disease and those that are concerned about their health and that of their loved ones. Fila Sunday service is attended by all age groups and we want to guarantee safety for everyone.
For this reason, Fila Sunday service will shift to an On-line experience already this coming Sunday, 15.3
We will not be holding Fila Sunday services at the church building in Albertinkatu in the coming weeks. We shall however keep you posted concerning when we resume regular meetings at church. We will publish a link through which you will be able to follow Fila Sunday service from your own home with your family and friends. Follow Fila’s social media channels, website, and your email, in order to keep yourself up to date. Please sign up now and we will send you the link directly: http://bit.ly/FilaOnline
Although we will gather in this manner from our homes as an online experience, we encourage you to participate in weekly joint gatherings in worship, prayer and Word, with your friends and Connect groups. We are blessed that technology allows us to communicate and stay in contact with each other at such special times.
We would also like to encourage you to take the following precautions:
- Keep your own and other’s health in mind. Together we can take the responsibility of minimizing the risk of infection.
- Take your daily moment with God, and live by the grace and wisdom He’s given you, and by the wise counsel given to you in regard to this crisis.
- Avoid all fear-based discussions. General public fear only exacerbates the situation. Please stay with valid facts.
- Wash your hands constantly and use hand disinfectant. These are practical and easy ways to limit infections.
- If you have influenza symptoms, follow the general guidelines provided by the authority.
Let us pray together that God will protect us, that our hearts may stay calm and our homes filled with peace. According to our theme for this year: For Such a Time as This, let us believe that the love of Jesus will touch people in a very special way during these times.
See you on Sunday On-line!
Johan & Lotta