DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Fila Helsinki/Pingstförsamlingen i Helsingfors r.f./Filadelfiaförsamlingen i Helsingfors (hereafter “the Church”) has adopted this Data Protection Policy as we recognize the right of people to keep their personal information private. This Data Protection Policy covers the Church’s use of personally identifiable information that you provide and we collect or hold, including when you continue to browse and use this website www.filahelsinki.fi
If you continue to browse and use this website, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use, which, govern the Church’s relationship with you. If you disagree with any part of this policy please do not provide personal information and do not use our website
This policy explains how the Church and the website comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which comes into effect on 25 May 2018.
By providing your personal details you agree to allow the Church to contact you by mail, email, telephone or SMS text message in connection with its charitable purposes, either on the basis of the consents you have given us or for our legitimate interests in accordance with current data protection regulations.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We collect personal information each time you are in contact with us. For example
• when you visit our website
• register your details and your family details, at https://filahelsinki.fi or http://fila.elvanto.eu
• make a donation, by completion of Gift envelopes, via our website or electronic means
• register for a conference or other Church event
• provide your contact details, in writing or orally, to Church staff or volunteers
• purchase goods or services, including when you provide credit or debit card details
• when you attend church services or participate in other Church activities
• communicate with the Church by means such as email, letter, telephone
• face to face meetings with staff and volunteers
• access social media platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
The Church will use the personal information we collect for the purpose disclosed at the time of collection, or otherwise as set out in this Data Protection Policy. We will not use your personal information for any other purpose without first seeking your consent, unless authorized or required by law. Generally, we will only use and disclose your personal information as follows:
• to keep you informed by text and/or email as to church services, activities, resources and conferences
• to establish and maintain your involvement with the Church, events you have attended, what areas and activities of the Church you have supported, record and acknowledge any donation, to provide the products you have requested
• to answer an inquiry or request for further information or complaint about the Church, its services, activities and events
• to register you for events, conferences
• to assist us to make the Church’s sites, services and products more valuable to our community
• for promotion of products or services and to keep you informed of new developments we believe may be of interest to you. If we contact you in this way without obtaining your prior consent, we will provide you with the opportunity to decline any further promotional communications;
• to improve our general ability to assist Church attendees and the wider community
• to assist the Church and staff with management of issues relating to the Church
• to enable the staff of the Church to occasionally personally and directly communicate with you.
WHO SEES YOUR INFORMATION
The information you provide to us will be held on the closed electronical services used by the Church and may be accessed by or given to our staff and authorized volunteer leaders at the Church or service providers who act for us for the purposes set out in this policy or for other purposes approved by you. Those parties may process information, fulfil and deliver orders, process credit card payments and provide support services on our behalf.
We do not sell or pass any of your personal information to any other organizations and/or individuals without your express consent, with the following exceptions:
• By providing us with your details you are giving the Church your express permission to transfer your data to our service providers including mailing houses, such as MailChimp, to enable fulfilment of the purpose for collection.
• Where such details are shared we have confidentiality agreements in place that restrict the use of your information to the purpose for which it is provided and ensure it is stored securely and kept no longer than necessary.
Sensitive Personal Information: The Church may collect and store sensitive personal information such as health information, religious information (church attendance) when you and/or your family attend, register for church events and conferences. Your personal information will be kept strictly confidential. It is never sold, given away, or otherwise shared with anyone, unless required, by law.
KEEPING DETAILS UP TO DATE
Please tell us as soon as any of your contact details change so that we can keep our records up to date.
You can change the way we contact you, or the kind of material we send you, at any time by contacting us by mail or email using the contact details above.
You can unsubscribe from our regular emails or texts at any time by using the ‘unsubscribe’ or ‘change preferences’ links on the email or texts you have received.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
You can request access to the personal information that the Church holds about you by contacting the Church’s Privacy Officer as set out below. We will provide you with access to your personal information unless we are legally authorized to refuse your request.
If you wish to change personal information that is out of date or inaccurate at any time, please contact us. The Church will take reasonable steps to correct any of your information which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. If you wish to have your personal information deleted please let us know and we will delete that information wherever practicable.
We may refuse your request to access, amend or delete your personal information in certain circumstances. If we do refuse your request, we will provide you with a reason for our decision and, in the case of amendment, we will note with your personal information that you have disputed its accuracy.
The Church will take reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information, which we hold and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Personal information, held electronically, is stored in a secure server or secure files.
The Internet is not a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, the Church cannot accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the Internet or for any unauthorized access or use of that information. We take security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorized persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. Your information will be held for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires or permits.
Cookies are small amounts of information that we store on your computer. Unless you have indicated your objection when disclosing your details to us, our system will issue cookies to your computer when you log on to the site. Cookies make it easier for you to log on to and use the site during future visits. They also help to monitor website traffic and to personalize the content of the site for you but will not store save or collect personal information. You may set up your computer to reject cookies although, in that case, you may not be able to use certain features on our site.
This website may also include links to other websites. Links provided by the Church are for your convenience to provide further information.
We might use websites such as Vimeo and YouTube to embed videos on our website, service providers such as Elvanto, Brushfire, MailChimp and Google Analytics and you may be sent cookies from them via our site. Please look at the cookie and privacy policies on these third-party sites if you want more information about this.
The Church uses social media such as Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and You-Tube. Users must verify authenticity of sites before posting or providing personal information on such sites.
Our website may provide social media buttons, permitting sharing our web content directly to a social media, platform. Use of such buttons is at your own risk.
Unless it is material supplied or officially posted by the Church we do not endorse social media website(s) and have no responsibility for the content nor for the cookies they may contain.
The Church does not ask for passwords nor personal details on social media.
Any documents or files made available to download from our website are provided at users own risk.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
The Church may amend this Data Protection Policy from time to time to ensure compliance with changes or amendments to the law of Finland. The latest up-to-date version will be available on our website at www.filahelsinki.fi. We suggest that you visit our website regularly to keep up to date with any changes.
If you would like any further information, or have any queries, problems or complaints relating to the Church’s Data Protection Policy or our information handling practices in general, please contact our Privacy Officer by
Telephoning +358 50 588 6400
Emailing: email@example.com or
Writing to The Privacy Officer: Fila Helsinki, Albertinkatu 31, 00180 Helsinki
25th of May 2018